Tools & Templates
- Sharing Your Personal Story: A Guide for Youth and Families on How To Share Their Experience With The Juvenile and Criminal Justice Systems (Campaign for Youth Justice)
- Sample Media Advisory (Youth First Initiative)
- Sample Campaign Launch Press Release (Youth First Initiative)
- Sample Campaign Outreach / Endorsement Letter (Youth First Initiative)
- Sample Post-Campaign Launch Action Alert (Youth First Initiative)
Reports & Resources
- Media Communications and Advocacy (Youth First Initiative): Tips on how to engage the media to help advance the goals of your campaign.
- The OpEd Project: Working with universities, think tanks, foundations, nonprofits, corporations and community organizations across the nation, the OpEd Project scouts and trains under-represented experts (especially women) to take thought leadership positions in their fields.
- Why We Need to End Youth Incarceration (Youth First Initiative) – Talking points to help you make your case.
- A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words: Add Visuals to Boost Engagement (Spitfire Strategies)
- A Better Way to Explain Your Data (Spitfire Strategies): Tips on how to effectively use data to make your case.
Examples from the Field
- Advocates Officially Launch Youth Justice Milwaukee, a Campaign to Close Lincoln Hills and Copper Lake Youth Prisons (Youth Justice Milwaukee) (in Starter Kit)
- Bring Our Children Home: Ain’t I A Child (The New Jersey Institute for Social Justice): Report on youth incarceration in New Jersey
- What Stakeholders Can Do to Transform Virginia’s Juvenile Justice System (RISE for Youth): Report on how Virginia can move away from secure confinement and invest in community-based alternatives to incarceration.