Reports & Resources
- 2017 Legislative Options for Youth Decarceration Reforms (Youth First Initiative)
- 2017 Legislative Advocacy Guide (Campaign for Youth Justice) – Tools, tips and sample materials for engaging in successful legislative advocacy.
- Your Vote is Your Voice: A Toolkit for Youth Justice and Electoral Advocacy (Youth First Initiative) – Toolkit to help you engage in the political process and to make sure those seeking political power in your state understand youth justice issues.
- Families Unlocking Futures: Solutions to the Crisis in Juvenile Justice (Justice for Families and DataCenter) – Report that provides the perspective of families, the parents, and other relatives, who are related to system-involved youth.
Examples from the Field
- Our Principles (Youth Justice Milwaukee) (in Starter Kit)
- Coalition Principles (RISE for Youth)
- Principles for Kansas Juvenile Justice Reform (Kansans United for Youth Justice)
- Reading List: Profiles of Current and Past Campaigns to Close Youth Prisons (Youth First Initiative)